Leader in Me
The Leader in Me process helps develop the essential life skills and characteristics students need in order to thrive in the 21st century. The Leader in Me is integrated into a school’s core curriculum and everyday language so that it isn’t “one more thing” teachers and administrators have to do. It becomes part of the culture, gaining momentum and producing improved results year after year, benefiting schools and students in the following ways:
- Develops students who have the skills and self-confidence to succeed as leaders in the 21st century.
- Decreases discipline referrals.
- Teaches and develops character and leadership through existing core curriculum.
- Improves academic achievement.
- Raises levels of accountability and engagement among both parents and staff.
The Leader in Me process also helps to create a common language within a school, built on proven principle-based Covey’s leadership skills found in Dr. Stephen R. Covey’s best-selling book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People:
- Be Proactive® • You’re in Charge
- Begin With the End in Mind® • Have a Plan
- Put First Things First® • Work First, Then Play
- Think Win-Win® • Everyone Can Win
- Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood® • Listen Before You Talk
- Synergize® • Together Is Better
- Sharpen the Saw® • Balance Feels Best
Lafayette Education Foundation
“Promoting and supporting excellence in education in Lafayette Parish Schools.”
LEF believes in this innovative movement, and has provided funding for implementation to:
Plantation Elementary School
J. Wallace James Elementary School
Ernest Gallet Elementary School
Judice Middle School
Youngsville Middle School